11 Oct How to start a Construction company in New Jersey
So you are ready to venture out on your own and start a construction company in New Jersey, but where do you start? Alba CPA can manage the whole process from beginning to end, but if you want to register yourself, here’s what you need to get started.
Things you’ll need:
- Business name
- IRS Tax ID number
- Liability Insurance for at least $500k
- Completed NJ HIC application
- Filing fees
Instructions on how to start a construction company in New Jersey:
- Register your new business with NJ Treasury
- Apply and obtain a new Employer ID number from IRS
- Register in NJ for employer tax purposes
- Find a NJ Insurance Agent and purchase liability insurance
- Fill out “Home Improvement Contractor Application for Initial Registration”
- Pay the HIC filing fee
You are now registered to do business in the State of NJ and on your way to obtaining the NJ HIC registration. As you can see, the required steps to start a construction company in New Jersey are straightforward, albeit it complicated for someone doing it for the first time. We at Alba CPA pride ourselves in having started over 300 businesses in New Jersey over the span of the last 10 years, and can help you seamlessly start your business as well.
Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have here.
LisaPosted at 08:48h, 27 March
Thank you for the information.